Friday, January 3, 2014

Dec 16, 2013

Dec 16, 2013

Dear all,

Thank you so much for your advice, love, prayers, and support! It is truly inspiring to receive the advice of a father and mother on the earth, and I bet that it is pretty inspiring to give it too. I'm grateful for it!

Yep, the last few chapters have begun and are flying by. I was so blessed to be able to serve with Elder Ellsworth this last transfer and unfortunately we had to be split up because we were doing too good together (I'm just kidding, it's because the Lord needed us to work with others).

I had a pretty long week of travel from one end of the mission to the mission office and back in the period of about 48 hours...I was tired. But it gave a lot of time for pondering about how I can best give myself now on my mission and to improve.

Our little branch in Sumy is absolutely incredible and moving forward at speeds that must be discerned with spiritual eyes, but still forward!

My new companion is an incredibly humble man from Rwanda. He was baptized in southern Ukraine while he was studying. He's a recent convert of about 2 years, but has a huge testimony, great light in his eyes, and a fire to do the work. It's so humbling some times when we see what the Lord trusts us with, but we keep moving forward.

We were able to see huge progress on our ward council this week which is huge! And on top of all of these blessings, a dear friend that I met at BYU, who is currently serving here in our mission, is now in Sumy in our district! It is something that we have been waiting for since the pre-earth life that is finally coming to fruition.

Mission life is absolutely incredible and full of incredible gratitude that just pours over me every day! I really do love my mission and love to give myself completely to the Lord!

I love you!

Elder Claypool

No comments:

Post a Comment