Thursday, January 30, 2014

1/13/2014 Prayer

Thank you so much for your letters. 

I agree...Prayer is something that I am finding amazing strength in...somehow, sincere prayer is just what keeps me on the right track. If I get lazy in my prayers, then often times the results are accordingly. There is great power in being completely open with God and keeping in remembrance every time you pray that you are literally talking with our Father in Heaven...it really molds your prayers.

I have found great comfort in praying for grace as well recently to be able to not only bring forth fruit, but to bring forth fruit that would remain as Christ said in John15:16. It's an incredible chapter on the grace of God - a topic that has become an anchor of my soul. 

I'm so glad to hear that our family is doing well. It's pretty amusing too...last night we had a pretty rough night and I found myself for the first time really, whole heartedly, and sincerely missing the family, the Temple, and my future family. I want to be with my family again and I want to have my own family...I want to go to the Temple again and continue the work for my ancestors...but first and foremost, I desire to bring others to Christ and fulfill my missionary purpose so I remain 100% focused here. I love the Ukrainian people. 

I found great comfort and a widening of perspective in reading the short biography of President Joseph Fielding Smith in preparation for my lesson on Sunday...I know The Lord prepares us through His Grace to fulfill what we are called to do in this life...and right now, this mission here in Ukraine needs to be done with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. 

Claypools may not always start out the best, but we know how to end. I'm ending (or rather beginning anew) strong. 

Tell aunt Amber that I would love an agent...I just don't know if I'll be able to keep up with her ;)

I love you,
Elder Claypool

No comments:

Post a Comment