Sunday, September 23, 2012

Upon the Rock of our Redeemer

Hi Family,
I hope that the pictures give you a bit of something to think about when you think of me! This last week was really hard because we had a lot of people who we were super hopeful with cancel meetings. There was a day where we had 0 contacts in the morning, and all 4 of our investigator lessons in one day canceled on us, - back to back in a period of about 10 minutes. I realized that the Lord, as always, is trying to teach me a lesson: My hope was placed in the investigators that gave me hope, not him who is the founder of all hope. I think Helaman 5:12 puts it well:

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

We cannot fail if we are built upon this great Savior who gives us every reason to love, serve, and trust in Him. He is our Savior and I am honored to represent him. I struggle daily to do as he does, but I can testify that he is helping me to be as he is. Of course the journey ahead is long, but not only am I more and more willing every day to walk it, but he has already committed to walk it with us again, seeing as he has already walked it before. He promises that to each one of us. How grateful I am for that!

 I love you all so much and am so proud of you!

С любовью!
Старейшина Клэйпул
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment